Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Post.

Grey day.

I think I'll go for a walk anyway.

Today I'll do the NYT crossword puzzle. This has become one of my favorite Monday and Tuesday activities. I'm not good enough to enjoy the rest of the week's puzzle (they get harder as the week progresses), but Monday and Tuesday I enjoy, and are the only days that I have completed without cheating or help.

How does one get interested in crossword puzzles?

I've always liked word games (Scrabble, word jumble, word search, dictionary dynamite, encyclopedia extravaganza, etc), and would do a crossword whenever one floated my way. After watching the movie Wordplay and being exposed to the vast subculture of the crossword world I became interested (bandwagon).

Check it out (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492506/), I guarantee you'll spring a buck fifty at least twice on a copy of the New York Times - I'd recommend waiting until next Monday though.

No comments: